Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tindved













Nøgne Ø Tindved is the second sour ale I have now tasted from Nøgne Ø and this one should be more to the sour ale style as it has been fermented with the juices of sea buckthorn which are quite bitter. Last year at Kuldse Notsu Korts restaurant in Tallinn I had a sea buckthorn drink there that was like a smoothie with alcohol so I do remember how this berry smells and tastes. I am not by any means a fan of the sour ale style and have tasted very little of this beer type so my critic is quite limited and have little to review this beer with.

I really liked the aroma here which was full of apple, cider, vinegar and some wood which I guess is oak from the casks. From what I have figured out with sour ales, there is very little head to this style and the carbonation is quite high and bubbly from the high acid that is fermented. Not super sour by any means to taste but quite dry and also some apple and cider on the tongue. So to summarize I loved the aroma and thought the taste was good, if it was more sour then I would have difficulties with it. The bottle size was great for this style of beer and I look forward to trying more sour ales going forward from Nøgne Ø and getting more experience with this style of beer.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment