Sunday, November 17, 2013

Kriek of Telemark












Nøgne Ø Kriek of Telemark is the first beer of this style from this brewery and fitting that is used Norwegian sour cherries from Telemark. The Lindheim Gardens are located in the small village of Gvarv in Telemark and grows wonderful sour cherries, perfect for a proper Norwegian sour beer. I really like the label that symbolizes authentic rose painting from Telemark and this beer is very pretty to look at with its reddish pink tones. I admit I am a beginner when it comes to the Kriek and Lambic beer style so I cannot rate this beer saying I have tasted great beers from Cantillon.



Very deep pink colour with an amazing pink foam that was quite large, carbonation was just perfect. The aroma has lots of sour cherries, slightly bitter and the distinctive lactose acid. The cherries are more in the aroma that in the tastes, in the beginning it was sweet but then it got sour, but I would say a medium sour beer. 7% alcohol and as with most Nøgne Ø beers, is perfectly balanced and not noticeable. This beer delivers as it states, sour tarty cherries and easy drink-ability.

A Kriek that is not as tarty and sour as I expect the ones from Cantillon are. I am happy that Nøgne Ø did not experiment with wild yeast in the brewery making this funkier. Don’t want to jeopardize all the other great beers they make. Another very stable beer, I like it and I am very happy to have got hold of this limited edition in the end, a great craft beer shop Dublin of all places.





0 comments:

Post a Comment